RE: Wish List: Allow <xsl:choose> within <xsl:call-template>

Subject: RE: Wish List: Allow <xsl:choose> within <xsl:call-template>
From: "Clark C. Evans" <clark.evans@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:56:33 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Mike Brown wrote:
> I think I'm starting to see where Clark was going with this. The problem
> here is that now $par_one is a result tree fragment consisting of a text
> node with the string value of $one or $done. Maybe $one or $done was
> actually a boolean or a node-set, for example. The template that $par_one is
> passed to as a parameter is probably expecting a certain data type.

Yes!  More importantly, the template being called (subclassed)
has 10 parameters... each with intelligent defaults which
I don't want to duplicate.

Here is the simple case, I'd just like to conditionally
include a parameter when calling a template:

<xsl:template name="derived-function" >
  <xsl:param name="one" />

  <xsl:call-template name="base-function">
      <xsl:if test="$one" >
          <xsl:with-param name="one" select="$one" />
      </xsl:if
  </xsl:call-template>

And once again, its not the single parameter case that it
important, it is the 10 parameter case, with 10! permutations
that I'm having problems with.

As a work around, I had to make each "default" parameter
a seperate template for now, and use xt:node-set to convert
the fragment to a result set... but this is nasty.

The above is very cool (and useful) a form which is not
possible in most procedural languages.

;) Clark