RE: parsed entites

Subject: RE: parsed entites
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:47:57 -0500
 Alexandra,

Yes you can ... DTDs are not external files. DTDs are the combination of
external and internal subsets. Documents often only refer to an external
.dtd file, but they can just as easily make use of the internal subset, in
addition to or instead of the external subset. There are a couple more rules
associated with internal subset declarations, such as with the use of
parameter entities, but don't get worried about that yet.

Assuming that you want to declare an entity called 'test', try:

<?xml version='1.0' standalone='no'?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [

<!ENTITY test  "neat stuff!" >
<!--more entities and attribute declarations ... even elements -->
]>
		xmlns:xtfile="http://www.jclark.com/xt/java/java.io.File";
		version="1.0"
                xmlns:xt="http://www.jclark.com/xt";
                extension-element-prefixes="xt">

You may have different attributes within your xsl:stylesheet element, but
the point remains the same.

Good luck,

Richard.