Re: namespace frustration

Subject: Re: namespace frustration
From: Sean Chen <zun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:10:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi Mark, everyone,

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Mark D. Anderson wrote:

> suppose i would like the convenience of not specifying a prefix
> for either my match expressions or my output literals, and
> those namespaces are different. i can't, right?

Not currently.  But as James Clark pointed out to me, this is one of the
desired features for the next version of XSLT.

> see below for an example (note how the "thing" template does
> not match). it appears i'm going to have to
> pollute all my match and select expressions with prefixes,
> just because my input and output namespaces aren't the same.

I wouldn't call it polluting, it's just specifying exactly what you want.

> and what's up with the html output having those namespace
> declarations? how do i declare an input namespace that i
> do *not* want declared in my html output?

I don't think this is possible.  But I may be wrong on this point... I'm
not sure the spec says whether or not xmlns should be output in HTML.

. . . Sean.