Re: xsl:preserve-space, xml:space

Subject: Re: xsl:preserve-space, xml:space
From: John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 01:58:10 -0500 (EST)
Replying without checking details is costing me--and others--all over the
place this weekend . .. . sorry.  Returning to what I sent too hastily:

> 	<foo xml:space="preserve">bar</foo>

is fine enough for whitespace in your xml instance (I think you
mistakenly had "yes" instead of "preserve"), but what I've used to get
successful indenting as I think you are seeking is:

	<xsl:output type="xml" indent="yes"/>

> Note-- if you use a DTD, MSIE 5 requires a declaration of both options for

NO, I was wrong here too-- it's IBM's VisuaLXML tools that gets fussy on
this . .. I don't know if MSIE5 does or not.

> the attribute, (preserve | default)

This is what IBM"s tools require, tho, so that much was okay.

best wishes,

jr