document(a,b) for b not a singleton node set

Subject: document(a,b) for b not a singleton node set
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 18:22:03 GMT
Could someone please confirm (or deny) my reading of xslt section
12.1...

If the second argument of document() is a nodeset with more than one
node, the all but the first node (in document order) have no effect.

If the second argument is an empty node set, and the string value of the
first argument is a relative url, then the behaviour is undefined.
(One might expect that the behaviour in this case is the same as when
no second argument is given, but I don't see at present how to infer
that.)

David