RE:conformance (was in-memory DOM objects)

Subject: RE:conformance (was in-memory DOM objects)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:39:11 -0000
> SAXON has a preview extension feature, but we're using XT at
> the moment because it's more up-to-date with the XSL specification.

Arguable. Neither product is a completely conformant implementation yet, but
I would argue SAXON is missing fewer important features than xt.

A 100% conformant version of SAXON has been "almost ready" for a couple of
weeks, except that I keep finding new oddities in the spec. E.g. SAXON
currently gives an error for select="@comment()", whereas it should return
an empty nodeset. I'm definitely at the stage now of implementing things
that I can't see anyone ever wanting!

Is anyone out there thinking of writing a conformance test suite? We need
one.

Mike Kay