RE: <% ... %> and html output method

Subject: RE: <% ... %> and html output method
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:25:29 -0000

> If the desired output document should contain:
>
> 	<h1> <%= request.getParameter("title") %> </h1>
>
> 1- In the stylesheet I can use <xsl:text> with
> disable-output-escaping as
> shown below.  Obviously, this is very verbose and I'd like to
> avoid it.

You could try generating it in the stylesheet as a processing instrucion

<processing-instruction name="jsp">=
request.getParameter("title")</processing-instruction>

And then put in an output handler to produce the <% %> syntax on output: the
exact details will be product dependent but most XSL processors allow you to
pass the output to a SAX DocumentHandler.

Mike Kay