XSL-FO: Different content in the footer of the last page?

Subject: XSL-FO: Different content in the footer of the last page?
From: "Eggenkamp, M.E.W." <M.E.W.Eggenkamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 09:20:18 +0100
Hello,

I am trying to use XSL-FO to design a document set and I ran into the
problem that I would like to get different content in eg. the footer of the
last page of the document. As it says in the FAQ list, I tried defining a
different page-sequence for the last page but that did not work. This is
what I tried (in the example I left a lot of attributes out to keep it
simple and short):

<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Format/1.0";>
  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master page-master-name="normal-page">
      <fo:region-body/>
      <fo:region-after extent="2.5cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
    <fo:simple-page-master page-master-name="last-page">
      <fo:region-body/>
      <fo:region-after extent="2.5cm"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>
  <fo:page-sequence>
    <fo:sequence-specification>
      <fo:sequence-specifier-alternating page-master-first="normal-page"
page-master-even="normal-page" page-master-odd="normal-page"/>
    </fo:sequence-specification>
    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-after">
      <fo:block>Page <fo:page-number/></fo:block>
    </fo:static-content>
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-body">
      <fo:block> A text long enough to generate at least two
pages...</fo:block>
    </fo:flow>
  </fo:page-sequence>
  <fo:page-sequence>
    <fo:sequence-specification>
      <fo:sequence-specifier-alternating page-master-last-odd="last-page"
page-master-last-even="last-page"/>
    </fo:sequence-specification>
    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-after">
      <fo:block>Last page</fo:block>
    </fo:static-content>
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-body">
      <fo:block> A text long enough to generate at least two
pages...</fo:block>
    </fo:flow>
  </fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

I think the "normal-page" and "last-page" are not necessary and I suspect
the flow to the xsl-body of the second page-sequence should not be there.

Should this work or can anyone tell me how it should be done?

Best regards,
Marco Eggenkamp.