Re: HTML characters being converted

Subject: Re: HTML characters being converted
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:56:06 GMT
] I'm keeping a counter of
] how many <td>s I've outputted for a <tr> and conditionally I want to
] spit out a </tr> if the counter has reached the number of columns value.

This is just socially unacceptable behavour in xsl-land:-)

You are thinking in terms of a particular linearised syntax for
the XML tree. and wanting to put the characters </tr> somewhere.

But the tree might not be linearised at all it might be being stuffed
straight into some other XML application.

so what you want to do is generate you td elements n at a time
and stuff them all into a tr element in your result tree.

so <xsl:for-each select="???">
    <xsl:apply templates select="?? ?? ??"/>
   </xsl:for-each>

You just need the right expressions so the right number of elements get
put into each tr element.

The archives of this list will no doubt have some example code thatshows
how to do what you want. I'd include some here but it's hard to be sure
exactly what your input and desired output is, from your description.

David