Re: xt pipeline

Subject: Re: xt pipeline
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 13:06:40 +0800
> I've found through hard experience that
> XSLT modulization best occurs by using
> intermediate forms.

That's my experience too. I've found it particularly useful with documents
to go from content-based markup to structure-based markup with one
stylesheet and structure-based markup to presentation-based markup with
another.

eg

<Abstract>blah blah</Abstract>

becomes

<Section>
    <Title>Abstract</Title>
    blah blah
</Section>

becomes

    <h2>Abstract</h2>
    blah blah

I used to (with early XSLT drafts) also do a lot of generation of
stylesheets from documents, so stylesheet A would be applied to document B
to get stylesheet C that would then be applied to document B to get document
D. I found I don't have to do that any more, as XSLT became more powerful.

> I was wondering if anyone has hooked xt to itself.

SAXON can do it, I believe. I haven't come across anyone who has gotten XT
to do it.

James Tauber