Re: Change the value of global variables/params ??

Subject: Re: Change the value of global variables/params ??
From: Paul Levin <plevin@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 14:59:49 -0500
The first (changing the value of a global variable) can not be done.

The second works fine (changing the value of a local variable).

<xsl:template name="sub">
    <xsl:variable name="foo" select="'abc'"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$foo"/>
    <xsl:variable name="foo" select="'def'"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$foo"/>
</xsl:template>

Calling this template will output  --   abcdef

Note that replacing   xsl:variable   with   xsl:param   will produce the
same result.

    Paul