Re: EZ/X Speed: Rebunking Oracle's Debunk: WAS (Getting Some Facts Straight on Performance Claims)

Subject: Re: EZ/X Speed: Rebunking Oracle's Debunk: WAS (Getting Some Facts Straight on Performance Claims)
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:34:31 +0800
> WHO'S FASTEST?
> First, however, before any major flame erupts about Java XSL speed,

Cool, a flame war I'm not involved in. *whoops* too late.

> Activated Intelligence wants to acknowledge that the current speed leader
is
> James Clark's XT - a fine package and worthy of respect for many reasons.
We
> do not claim EZ/XSL to be faster than XT yet <grin>, though our EZ/XML
> parser speeds past his XP parser package...

What is your parser's conformance like? While I am not doubting your ability
to write a faster parser than XP... all other things being equal, parsers
faster than XP generally get their speed by dropping some requirements in
the spec.

James Tauber