RE: combining multiple data sources

Subject: RE: combining multiple data sources
From: Bill Abbas <babbas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:29:56 -0800
Clay,

If the source documents are all files, you could use the document()
function, which will get the referenced document as a node set.

Not sure how you can do this if the multiple sources are, say, in-memory
Document objects as opposed to files.  (I'd be very interested to know how
multiple XML objects, or input streams even, could be accessed from XSL.  I
don't particularly want to write all my Documents to the file system.)

Another possibility to merge multiple Document objects, I suppose, is to
chain together a number of transforms, producing a series of intermediate
XML documents, the final one of which would be what you really want.  This
might be painfully slow ...

-Bill