Re: multiple input to multiple output

Subject: Re: multiple input to multiple output
From: Mitch Christensen <mitch_christensen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 06:37:57 -0800
I would recommend a general purpose Perl script which outputs an XML
representation of the directory (optionally recursive).  This directory.xml
then can be used for any/all file processing from within XSL.

An example would be.

<directory location="file:///C:/">
  <file name="foo" ext="xml" createdate="blah".../>
  <directory location="file:///C:/DOS">
  </directory>
</directory>

Once this file exists, you can use the document() function to process
files/directories as you like.

I actually wrote this script for my last project.  Took about an hour to get it
right.

-Mitch