Re: Offline use of xsl in IE5

Subject: Re: Offline use of xsl in IE5
From: "James" <jgb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 14:54:57 -0700
Using IE5, you can load local files as well.

BUT: As a number of people (I'm sure) will point out, IE5 implements an
old version of XSLT, so you won't be able to use all of the W3C
recomendation.

Some alternatives:

Download the time-limited trial version of Stylus, from http://www.odi.com
It's a very good XML/XSL editor that comes very close to the XSLT spec,
and gives you instant gratification by previewing the results right in the
editor.
You can use it for about 30 days.
Or, get James Clark's instant xt.  It's a Win32 command line executable.
You
can give it the names of local xml, xsl files, and have it output to a local
file.
Then load the resulting file in a browser.
(http://jclark.com/xml/xt.html)

James