RE: String-length

Subject: RE: String-length
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:21:37 -0000
> For information I'm using LotusXSL and XML4J.
> Actually I did not need any namespace.
> This worked for me:

Well it shouldn't work. The variable $lengths is a result tree fragment
containing a set of text nodes; the sum() function requires a node-set; the
XPath standard states (a) an argument that is not of type node-set cannot be
converted to a node-set, (b) it is an error if an argument cannot be
converted to the required type; and XSLT conformance requires that the XSLT
processor must signal all errors except where otherwise stated.