Problems with FOP and/or XT

Subject: Problems with FOP and/or XT
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:24:26 -0500
 Hello,

I created an FO stylesheet and have been succesfully using it to convert XML
to PDF, using FOP and XT. Sounds good so far. Well, I gave the facility,
with all the necessary .jar files and related file-trees to my students. One
student who is using NT has no problem getting the system to operate, but
produces PDF files that are 13 pages instead of 2. For some reason, there
are a lot of page-breaks in the PDF.

You might wonder about the FO stylesheet that she is using. Well, just to be
sure, I gave her a new version of it all today and even successfully tested
it on another computer that doesn't have any XML software. She is using
Jview as her JVM. Are there any problems with the NT version of Jview, if it
is different than the one I have with IE5 on 98?

I have not had any trouble using Sun's JRE or MS's Jview.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is. It certainly isn't Acrobat,
because FOP is producing these significantly longer documents. It can't be
the document, since we are using the same document. I can only think that
FOP, XT or jview are acting strangely or that she has some other piece of
software on the machine that she hasn't told me about that is conflicting
with the process.

She has tried using FOP as a caller of XT
(com.jtauber.fop.apps.XTCommandLine) and use XT, then FOP
(com.jtauber.fop.apps.CommandLine) to produce PDF files. Neither seem to
produce a different effect.

Does anyone have any ideas on this one???

Thanks for the help ....  Richard.

--

Richard Lander
relander at uwaterloo.ca