Re: XT, Cocoon, & character entities

Subject: Re: XT, Cocoon, & character entities
From: Phil Lanch <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:05:07 +0000
Perry Roland wrote:

> Here's the beginning of one of my documents --
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?cocoon-process type="xt"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet href="component.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
> <!DOCTYPE EAD [
> <!ENTITY ISOlat1 SYSTEM
> "/home/pdr4h/public_html/cgi-bin/eadmu/junk/junk2.pen">
> <!ENTITY eacute  "&#233;" >
> ]>
> <ead id="viu01143.sgm">

You've defined the entity ISOlat1 but you haven't used it, so you've
only made the entity use
  &ISOlat1;
available, not all the entities in the other file. I also think
parameter entities, instead of general entities are usually used when
it's within the DTD like this (though I'm not sure why). So I'd try -

<!DOCTYPE EAD [
  <!ENTITY % ISOlat1 SYSTEM
"/home/pdr4h/public_html/cgi-bin/eadmu/junk/junk2.pen">
  %ISOlat1;
  <!ENTITY eacute  "&#233;" >
]>

--

cheers

phil

"that monotonous state of the soul halfway between fulfillment
and futility which comes with life in the country" --- Musil