RE: Mozilla Support for XSL XSLT? Yes, please!

Subject: RE: Mozilla Support for XSL XSLT? Yes, please!
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:16:36 -0500
Hi Dan,

We found that there is a way to optimize if on the first pass you extract
the node list and keep back pointer to template content. Thus, after the
first pass, you keep in a structure (or object) the node-list you got from
the match and a back pointer to the template content.

So, on a the second pass, there is no need to parse again the style sheet
for template match. The only process to do at this stage is to match the
current grove pointer to an element of the node list, thus the structure is:

stylesheet
    |____ node_list ---> template content
    |____ node_list ---> template content

We are now trying to optimize the template content but if a massive use of
relative reference are use, there is little to do. Anyway, we still try to
find better ways.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx