call-template with variable

Subject: call-template with variable
From: "Benjamin Corliss" <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:53:16 -0800
I am refactoring a style-sheet that generates several pages of HTML.

I am attempting to use an html-template for the "shell" of each html page
and pass this html-template the name of another template that would produce
the actual content of the html page.

	<xsl:template name="html-template">
		<xsl:param name="page-name"/>
		<xsl:param name="page-title"/>
		<xsl:param name="content-template"/>
		<xsl:param name="depth">0</xsl:param>
		<xsl:param name="path"/>
		.
		.
		.
		<!-- is the following possible? -->
		<xsl:call-template name="$content-macro"/>
		.
		.
		.

LotusXSL complains: XSL Error: Could not find template named:
'$content-macro'

It appears that the variable does not get expanded in this case.

I checked the recommendation about this, and it is unclear whether this is
allowed or not.

Is this impossible, or am I simply doing something wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Benjamin