Re: Do you know how to refer to a node?

Subject: Re: Do you know how to refer to a node?
From: John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 15:24:17 -0500 (EST)
Perhaps a bit more of your sourcecode would help (but I'm know to err on
the ample side here, so others may be able to do without), as what you've
provided is not really enough to work with.  FOr starters, look at the
position pattern expression:

select="CUSTOMER[position()=1]"

indicates first child element node named customer, (cf. Holman, p. 70,
http://CraneSoftwrights.com)-- I don't think it's zero-based counting here
. . . otherwise this would be teh second child element.

But this is without knowing more of your source, unless--again--I'm
missing something

John Robert Gardner
ATLA-CERTR
Emory University
http://vedavid.org/diss/
"If there is something you're thinking of doing, or wish you could do,
begin it.  In boldness there is mystery and power . . . . "  -Goethe