Using dom.Document as SAXON source

Subject: Using dom.Document as SAXON source
From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:06:05 +1300
Is it possible to apply SAXON to DOM documents using the public
API? I had a look through the Stylesheet and Controller source,
and it looks like SAXON builds something resembling a DOM before
applying templates, but it uses a class (DocumentImpl) which
doesn't explicitly implement any org.w3c.dom interfaces.

The reason I ask is that I use DOM to apply XQL queries to XML
documents, and then might apply a stylesheet based on the result
of those queries.

I've looked at creating SAX events from the DOM using John Cowan's
DOMParser utility, but it seems a bit of a waste if SAXON is just
going to re-assemble a DOM.

Any ideas?

--
Warren Hedley