Re: Templates aplied to namespaces

Subject: Re: Templates aplied to namespaces
From: "Mark D. Anderson" <mda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:47:04 -0800

--On Sunday, December 19, 1999 5:15 PM -0500 John Robert Gardner <jrgardn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am I misinterpreting the relevance of
>
> <xsl:namespace-alias>
>
> for translating teh stylesheet use of a given
> namespace, in turn then to translate teh stylesheet use of a given
> namespace--"whatever:"-- into another in the result tree node tree per the
> distinction of
>
> stylesheet-prefix="http://www.somewhere.com/mynamespace";
>
> for the stylesheet, and
>
> result-prefix="http://www.somewhere_else.com/theirnamespace";
>
> for the result's URI, per instruction?

Yes, I think you are.
This is used when for example you want to manipulate an xsl stylesheet
as an input document, so there is an ambiguity as to whether "xsl:" is
an instruction or something to place in the output.

I don't think it helps regarding the issue of having to live with
a single default namespace that applies to both input and output,
so that one or the other has to have explicit prefixes everywhere
if they differ.

-mda