Re: Xmas Tree

Subject: Re: Xmas Tree
From: uche.ogbuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:41:29 -0700
> Michael Kay's sheet was a neat trick, but I couldn't find a Christmas Cracker
> in it.  Here's a more straightforward offering.  Merry Christmas.

A couple of people pointed out to me that the style-sheet was missing a
parameter declaration in one of the named templates.  The reason I didn't
catch this was because I used 4XSLT 0.8.0 to run it, which contained a minor
bug where parameter definitions in call-templates were "leaking" into named
templates where the parameters were not declared.  We've fixed this bug, as
well as a related bug affecting named-templates in imported style-sheets.  Any
4XSLT users who want a patch can check out the archives of the 4Suite mailing
list.

Aside: I also posted an older version of the style-sheet that didn't include a
tree-stem.  I guess the version I posted might as well have been Khufu's
pyramid, or a dropped ice cream cone, or...

So much for good intentions.  Adding the tree stem is an exercise for the
reader.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants