getting xsl:include to work in XT 19991105

Subject: getting xsl:include to work in XT 19991105
From: "Philip Puccio" <Philip.Puccio@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Dec 1999 15:23:02 -0700
Hi,

I'm getting a "MalformedURLException: no protocol" error message output to
System.out whenever I use xsl:include.  What's wrong with this scenario:

My "main" xsl file includes another xsl file and tries to access a variable
that is declared in the included file.  The main xsl looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8"/>
<xsl:include href="xt-test-include.xsl"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
	<xt-test-include-result>
		<xsl:value-of select="$xt-test-include-variable"/>
	</xt-test-include-result>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:transform>

The included xsl file is named xt-test-include.xsl and lives in directory at
c:\IBMVJava\ide\project_resources\Advice
Utility\com\aexp\advice\formatting\production xsl.  It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform/1.0";>
<xsl:variable name="xt-test-include-variable" select="'Congratulations, you
found me!'"/>
</xsl:transform>

Before I invoke the XSLProcessor, I instantiate an InputSource for the xsl and
send it setSystemId("c:\IBMVJava\ide\project_resources\Advice
Utility\com\aexp\advice\formatting\production xsl\").  When I run the
processor, I get the following line of output on my console:

java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: xt-test-include.xsl

The comment for method InputSource.setSystemId(String) says the system
identifier is optional if there is a character stream (which is the way I'm
using it), but "it is still useful to provide one, since the application can
use it to resolve relative URIs...".  Obviously, my attempt to use
href="filename" along with setSystemId(fileLocation) isn't what XT had in
mind.

Can someone let me know how I need to use setSystemId() and xsl:include?

Thanks!

. . . Phil Puccio