HTML Forms and XSL

Subject: HTML Forms and XSL
From: Mauricio Parra <m_parra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 09:49:54 -0800 (PST)
I have been tasked with producing a web form interface
for a intranet application which will pull data from a
database and generate generates XML data trees in
response to user choices. I am supposed to use ASP
(Active Server Pages) to drive the conversion (via
XSL) of the XML data coming from the application into
plain vanilla HTML that can be read by any 4.0 or
higher browser.

I have seen a few examples of ASP used with XML and
XSL but no examples anywhere of HTML forms used with
these tools. The forms I am speaking of contain
numerous selection lists as well as option button
groups. Not only do I need to be able to create these
forms dynamically but I must also have the appropriate
selection indicated in the various lists and groups
based on the choices the user made in a previous form.
The user then must be able to change the indicated
selections if desired before sending it all back to
the application for further processing.

This is pretty standard ASP and HTML form stuff but
the addition of the XML adds a wrinkle that I'm not
sure can be handled. Does anyone know of examples of
this being done. Are we barking up the wrong tree
technologically speaking?

(Mind you I didn't choose the technologies, I just
need to make them work...)

Mauricio Parra
m_parra@xxxxxxxxx