Re: Getting a longest node

Subject: Re: Getting a longest node
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:30:03 +0000 (GMT)
Wendell Piez writes:
 > >last one. I append my (uncommented) code which attempts to work out
 > >column widths for a table by adding together all the cell lengths in
 > >each column and working out proportions
 >
 > That's pretty cool, I'll try it. Am I going to need the extension function
 > to get access to the value? That could trouble the purist (or portability
 > freak).

I have stoppped worrying about

 a) the node-set extensions
 b) the ability to write several output documents

they seem so sensible and uncontroversial that I just assume they'll
make it into XSLT 2.0.

I am sure there are plenty of solutions which don't need the node-set
thing, of course; it's just that it's fun...

sebastian