Re: XSLFO fo:table-column alignment

Subject: Re: XSLFO fo:table-column alignment
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:57:50 +0000 (GMT)
Nikolai Grigoriev writes:
 > After that, Anders Berglund wrote:
 >
 > >You will have to specify
 > >
 > >           text-align="from-table-column('text-align')"

..
 > (I wonder if this is more acceptable than just writing  text-align="start".)
 > Anyhow, we should specify this value explicitly on _every_ cell,
 > and process it there; no per-column defaults.

Well, its better than nothing. Thank you, Anders, that does let me
proceed with my work in a way that's compatible with the spec.

but its surely mildly silly?

 > Here again, like in lists, the spec wants me to write lengthy expressions
 > instead of letting me set reasonable defaults. This is its current style.

indeed. why would
   text-align="from-table-column('text-align')"
not be the default? if there is no table-column, it can inherit in the
normal way.

I have to agree with Nikolai that some things, like lists, really are
made rather complicated for simple use.

sebastian