Re: sorting and parameters

Subject: Re: sorting and parameters
From: Steve Tinney <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:12:13 -0500
Kay Michael wrote:

> It won't do it, but it will enable it, e.g. (if this is what you meant):
>
> <xsl:variable name="path" select="concat('$nodes/some/', $variable,
> '/child')"/>
> <xsl:variable name="path-result" select="sxf:evaluate($path)"/>

Not quite, I think.  I was thinking of the case where $nodes is
of type node-set, but $variable would be a string.

So it won't support this (which is not to say it's not still extremely
valuable):

  <xsl:variable name="nodes" select="nodeset($some-rtf)"/>
  <xsl:variable name="newset" select="$nodes/some/$variable"/>

Right?

 Steve