xml typesetting

Subject: xml typesetting
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:59:48 GMT
If you are looking to typeset the XML coming out of the back of your xsl
transforms, or fancy a change from XSL and want to typeset your XML
source documents directly, I just put up on ftp.tex.ac.uk (and other
`ctan' hosts) xmltex, in the directory tex-archive/macros/xmltex/base
eg
ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/xmltex/base.zip

This may just be the result of too much new year drink, but claims to be
a non validating, but Namespace aware, xml parser implemented in tex. It
supports utf8, latin1 and koi8-r out of the box, other 8bit encodings
may easily be added.

This is at best marginally related to xsl so please don't discuss it on
this list, at least not until Sebastian ports his xsl-fo renderer over
to it:-)

David

PS
If you get version 0.5, change

\catcode`\}=\active\gdef}(\utfeightay{)

should be

\catcode`\}=\active\gdef}(\utfeightay})

                                     ^

otherwise } will be typeset as { (I have uploaded version 0.6 with this
one change but it may take a while to show on the public servers)