RE: XSLT/XPATH jargon

Subject: RE: XSLT/XPATH jargon
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:00:08 -0500
At 05:26 PM 01/20/2000 +0000, Kay Michael wrote:
> >DOCUMENT ORDER: Normally top down, left to right traversal
> >of the document tree. [...]
>
> Need to include any sort of statement wrt internationalization?

Good suggestion. In this part of Western Europe most trees grow with their
roots at the bottom, and the branches spread out in all directions.

Hehe. Funny coincidence: all the trees in this part of N. America do that, too!

All I meant was that the definition should point out that document order is independent of the l-to-r/r-to-l/top-to-bottom/bottom-to-top convention for the language in which the document is written... and/or drop the word "normally"... or provide an example in which the doc order is NOT top down, l-to-r.

I don't know; maybe this is a case of over-exactitude at the expense of clarity.