XSLT conformance of MSXML2

Subject: XSLT conformance of MSXML2
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:54:26 -0000
The help file included with the MSXML2 product lists XSLT elements and XPath
functions provided, and the "What's new" page on the web site lists elements
and functions that are *not* available.

Neither list includes xsl:key, xsl:decimal-format, format-number(), key(),
document(). (There may be others, I haven't checked exhaustively)

Initial investigations suggest:

xsl:key and the key() function are rejected
xsl:decimal-format is rejected
format-number() without a third argument appears to work, but ignores the
supplied format pattern.
document() is rejected

Anyone with different evidence, please let me know!

Running MSXML2 under IE5, I find that if I change the stylesheet and hit
refresh, the browser just hangs. If I close it and double-click on the XML
file in Windows Explorer, the file is displayed in its new style. Anyone
else experienced this?

Mike Kay