Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?

Subject: Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 11:57:46 -0500
At 05:00 PM 2/3/2000 +0100, Yann Desnoues wrote:
Linda van den Brink wrote:

> There's an appendix to the XSLT spec "DTD Fragment for XSLT Stylesheets
> (Non-Normative)" at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#dtd
>
> I hope it's any help to you...

Thank you but it doesn't help as it is not a complete DTD.
The entity result-elements is not defined.
Hence the DTD is not valid.

Of course result-elements is not defined. It *can't* be.

If you're transforming to HTML, then there's one "valid XSLT DTD" with one definition of result-elements. If you're transforming to MathML, there's a completely different result-elements. In fact, there are as many definitions of result-elements as there are possible XML vocabularies in the universe. Hence there can *be* no result-elements, and that's why the appendix to the XSLT Rec is both a fragment and non-normative.

John E. Simpson
simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx