Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?

Subject: Re: Where can I find the XSLT DTD?
From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Feb 2000 22:16:12 +0100
* Yann Desnoues

| I'll never be able to validate ANY of my XSL doc?

* John E. Simpson

| No... unless you do as Lars just suggested, and create an
| application-specific DTD for use in validating your stylesheet. This
| can be quite complicated; if XHTML were the result tree's
| vocabulary, for instance, you'd have to allow for the appearance of
| just about any XHTML element as a child of just about any XSLT
| element.

And it gets even worse: you have to allow for quite a few XSLT
elements inside all XHTML elements.

* Yann Desnoues

| But may the good question is what to use as an XSL editor?

I use Emacs at the moment, and as soon as I had to write a substantial
amount of XSLT stylesheets (as opposed to now when I only do it for
demo/learning purposes) I would start adding convenience macros to
Emacs.

So the answer is probably: some editor you like which you can
customize to help you.

--Lars M.