RE: feature request; id idref pairs

Subject: RE: feature request; id idref pairs
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:55:03 -0000
David Carlisle wrote:

>In the meantime you can do something like
>
>select="//*[@idref=current()/@id]"
>
>which is probably not very efficient, but quicker than waiting for
>xslt 2. If you have some idea where the referencing elements are, and
>can therefore use something other than //* it probably isn't too bad.

Thinking of a flowchart, there could be many idref's which
link to, say, the final output box.

Another problem is that the referring element's attributes
may not be named idref. given that they have different
names, and I don't know how many there are, I am
asking for it to be considered.

In this particular case, I have control of the attribute names,
hence could make it consistant.

Contra to this, I wanted the prompt (for the attribute value)
to be understood by non sgml'ers.

Hence the attribute names are
   YesoutputTarget
   NoOutputTarget
   NextBox

etc.

I will indeed use the suggested approach; I'm querying
if its an adequate use case to warrant inclusion in
an update to the XSLT functions.

Regards, DaveP