Re: Testing the number of child elements

Subject: Re: Testing the number of child elements
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:37:02 GMT
hmm mathml, what are you mapping it to?

We hope to have some xsl examples in the next mathml working draft....

>  I want to test if the current node (plus) has one
> child or more

that is <xsl:if test="child::*">  ... as an empty node list counts as
false and that node list will be non emty if there are any children.

<xsl:template match="apply[plus]">

this matches an apply that has a plus child anywhere (strictly speaking
you probably want to limit to plus as the first child)

> So I've written <ENTITY InvisibleTimes "&#E89E;">, but XT tells me
> "character not allowed"
> What can I Do?

that is a hex number so you need &#x not &# also, beware that is a
tempoarary assignment into the private use area, and will change if
unicode/iso allocate a block of unicode for math characters (next month
with a bit of luck)

David