XML Version of the Corpus Encoding Standard

Subject: XML Version of the Corpus Encoding Standard
From: Patrice Bonhomme <Patrice.Bonhomme@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:23:28 +0100
                          ********
                            XCES
                          ********

         XML version of the Corpus Encoding Standard

                        BETA RELEASE

                http://www.cs.vassar.edu/XCES

We are pleased to announce the availability of a Beta release of XCES,
which instantiates the Corpus Encoding Standard (CES) DTDs for
linguistic corpora endorsed by the Expert Advisory Group for Language
Engineering Standards (EAGLES). XCES was developed by the Department
of Computer Science, Vassar College, and Equipe Langue et Dialogue,
LORIA/CNRS.

The current version includes a set of XSL stylesheets for cesDoc
documents. We are in the process of developing stylesheets for cesAna
and cesAlign documents.

We appreciate feedback on XCES. Please contact Nancy Ide
(ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) or Patrice Bonhomme (bonhomme@xxxxxxxx).