Reporting requirement for XSL

Subject: Reporting requirement for XSL
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 05:33:35 +0000
OK, nobody has challenged the scope of the requirement, and there does
seem to be real interest.

First, I have stuck the original requirement onto a web-site at
http://redrice.com/xml/xslReporting.html

Now, I'd be interested in answers to the following questions:

[1]	should (can?) we use pure XSLT, or should it be XSLT with java
extensions?

[2]	would it be useful or sensible to go for a text or XHTML output
before implementing XSL FOs?

[3]	what is the best way of organising this? I can do basic
transformations but someone else would be needed for FO input, and I'm
also wondering whether we should go off-list - this doesn't seem to have
generated massive buzz.

[4]	May I also request some advice on implementation architecture - for
instance how to fit the data to a reporting library.

Francis.