Is there any way to access user request response in xsl

Subject: Is there any way to access user request response in xsl
From: ural <ural@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:27:34 +0000
hi,,

I am using asp as frontend.
my xml file is
<?xml version="1.0" ...?>
<abc>
	<News>
		<title>..............</title>
		<abstract>...........</abstract>
	</News>

	<News>
		<title>..............</title>
		<abstract>...........</abstract>
	</News>
</abc>

I have an xsl file to access this xml data.

In my Asp page suppose I write something like this,

if request.queryString("id")=1 then
   first_news.xsl
else
   second_news.xsl
end if

Then it is not good habit. because tomorrow if I have another 10 news then I cannot sit and create 10 xsl files, right.
So, what I want is,
I want to send some value to xsl file from asp file. ie as we send some value as querystring in asp. and based on this value I want to make my xsl file act upon.

ie if I send 1 as query string, for example, then I must get only first element. If it is 2 then I should get 2nd element.

Is it possible?
If it is... then please help in this regards. This may be a silly question. But I am new to xml and xsl.
So please help..................

rgds
Ural