Re: Storing XSL Documents In Database

Subject: Re: Storing XSL Documents In Database
From: "David Halsted" <halstedd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:08:52 -0500
For what it matters, I've been playing around with pulling data from the
database itself and using stored procedures (MS-SQL) to spit out a string of
XML, which then gets subjected to XSL by Saxon.  I modified something Steve
Tinney wrote to do this based on the way Saxon handles document().  The
system returns the XML-ized string as a node-set, so it's really a lot like
document(), except that it hits a database rather than an XML document.  Not
very thoroughly tested yet but it seems to be plenty fast, and with more
work might be made faster still.  Since the stored procedure is returning a
string, you could store XML chunks in varchars, or you could use the
procedure to build the XML.

Dave Halsted