RE: copy-of and disabling output escaping

Subject: RE: copy-of and disabling output escaping
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:50:54 -0500
Hi Bill,

Bill said:
We have some XML that has embedded HTML inside the XML tags.

When we do an <xsl:copy-of> to move the HTML as a complete fragment, the
html tags get escaped into &lt;whatever&gt: notation.

We have tried adding <xsl:output cdata-section-elements="..."> to the top of
the transform, but this results in extraneous bracket characters being
inserted into the text.

How can embedded XHTML be transformed via copyof without being escaped?

Didier replies:
It depends on the kind of XSLT processor you are using. Up to now, Saxon and
XT are good compliant candidate for your transformations. If you want an
example of copying XHTML fragment into a single document output got take a
look at my article in xml.com this week you may find what you are looking
for.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin