RE: Updated XSL support in IE5?

Subject: RE: Updated XSL support in IE5?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:58:55 -0000
Interesting. Yes, you should be able to do much better than calling saxon
via a shell command. I haven't played with Java/COM integration for a while
but when I did I found it worked quite well. I would write a simple Java
wrapper class with a single method like Saxon.apply(stylesheet, sourcefile,
params), register this as an ActiveX object using Microsoft's javareg tool,
and then invoke this from your Javascript. You could probably register the
existing Java classes PreparedStyleSheet, StyleSheetInstance, ParameterSet,
etc, but this is probably more complicated. Let me know how you get on.

Mike Kay