Increment of a variable

Subject: Increment of a variable
From: Regine Vergon <regine_vergon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 05:43:14 -0800 (PST)

I have defined a xsl variable which contain the length of current string and i
want to increment this variable after that with length of the next string.
I need to select only a certain amount a characters to be printed.
How do i do that ?

1)My xml doc look like
  <Text num=1>string 1 </text>
  <Text num=2>string 2 </text>

2)My xsl stylesheet (not working !!!)

  <xsl:template match="TextBlock">
    <xsl:variable name="total">0</xsl:variable>

    <xsl:for-each select="*">
       <xsl:variable name="NbBytes">
         <xsl:value-of select="string-length(.)"/>
       <xsl:variable name="total">
         <xsl:value-of select="number($length) + number($total)"/>

       if the total is > 3000 then select substring...

       <xsl:value-of select="."></xsl:value-of>

Do You Yahoo!?