RE: Omitting XML declaration (xt and Saxon experiences)

Subject: RE: Omitting XML declaration (xt and Saxon experiences)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:22:13 -0000
> I have not been able to coerce Saxon into omitting the xml declaration.

A bug, sorry, it will be fixed.

It turns out this error has been present in the last four releases without
anyone spotting it - a simple misspelling of the attribute name in the code.
So much for my confidence in field exposure as a way of getting the bugs
out. It also reveals a limitation in my testing, which relies to a
considerable extent on establishing the "XML-equivalence" of the output with
other processors: the XML declaration of course makes no difference to the
"XML-equivalence" of the output.

Mike Kay