error in http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xsl-20000112 or am I misunderstanding?

Subject: error in http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xsl-20000112 or am I misunderstanding?
From: Louis-Dominique Dubeau <ldd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Feb 2000 20:10:33 -0500
Hello fellow XSLers,

I'm reading the XSL specs.  (I've read XSLT specs already).  I believe
I have found some errors in the section that deals with defining the
term "consecutively follows".  I'm reproducing the section below with
ASCII art that represents the situations that are described in words
by the XSL specs as I understand them.  Il all cases A, B and I are
the names of the areas.  S' and S are the spaces mentioned in the
different cases.

>Recursively define that a space-specifier S' consecutively follows
>another space-specifier S (and S consecutively precedes S') if
>
> 1. S' is the space-before of a block-area, and S is the space-after
> of the area's preceding sibling, or

 -------
|       |
|       |
|       |
 -------
S'
 -------
|       |
|       |
|       |
 -------

This is fine.

> 2. S' is the space-after of a block-area B, where B has zero
> padding-after and border-after and is not a reference-area, and S is
> the space-after of a block-area A which is a not a line-area, and A
> is the final child of B, or

 ---------
|B        |
|         |

| ------- |
|| A     ||
||       ||
||       ||
| ------- |
| S       |
 ---------
S'

This is fine.

> 3. S' is the space-before of a block-area B, where B has zero
> padding-before and border-before and is not a reference-area, and S
> is the space-before of a block-area A which is not a line-area, and A
> is the initial child of B, or

S'
 ---------
|B        |
| S       |
| ------- |
|| A     ||
||       ||
||       ||
| ------- |
|         |
 ---------

Oops.  It seems that S' consecutively *preceedes* S contrarily to what
the specs say.

> 4. S' is the space-start of an inline-area, and S is the space-end of
> the area's preceding sibling, or

 -----     -----
|     |SS'|     |
 -----     -----

This is fine.

> 5. S' is the space-end of an inline-area I, where I has zero
> padding-end and border-end values, and is not a reference-area, and S
> is the space-end of the final child of I, or

 __ ...  ________
|I        _____  |
|        |     | |
|        |_____|S|
|__ ...  ________|S'

This is fine.

> 6. S' is the space-start of an inline-area I, where I has zero
> padding-start and border-start values and is not a reference-area,
> and S is the space-start of the initial child of I, or

   _________...
  |I _____     |
  | |     |    |

Here again it seems to me that S' consecutively preceedes S.

> 7. S' consecutively follows a space-specifier S'', S'' consecutively
> follows S, and S'' has zero values for minimum, optimum, and maximum.

No ASCII art for this one.

So point 3 and 6 don't seem right to me.  Is this a real error or am I
misundestanding something here?

	Thanks,
	ldd