Re: translate function & hex data

Subject: Re: translate function & hex data
From: "Paul Bell" <pbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:14:50 -0500
Hello All,

Thanks, Mike, for the reply.  I had, in fact, tried the entity ref but in the process of changing my code, I accidentally removed one of translate's other arguments.  The parser complained and I too hastily gave up.

I've since tried your example and it works fine.  I also tried by way of a simple test:

<xsl:value-of select="./@RSRC[translate('a', 'a', '&#x00;')]" />

and it fails (raises IE5.5 catch-all type error message).  But if I change the numeric entity to &#x01, it works.

Something special about null character?

Thanks again,

Paul