Re: XSL-fo

Subject: Re: XSL-fo
From: Stephen Deach <sdeach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 14:05:35 -0800
Any property that is marked "Inherited: yes" in the summary header to the
property's definition may be placed on any fo in the flow hiererchy (below
the fo:flow node), and will inherit downward to all "children". This
basically works for all nodes except table-column. The mechanism for
overriding the default inheritiance to inherit from the table-column (vs.
table-row) is described in section 5.9.4 under the "from-table-column"
function.

At 14:04 2000-03-01 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm doing some work to FOP and I'm confused about font specifications on
>table elements. In the 1/12/2000 XSL-WD table elements like table-row,
>table-column, table-cell, etc. can't carry the Common Font Property group.
>Is this correct?
>
>Jon Smirl
>jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail reflects the opinion of the Editor of the XSL (formatting
   objects) Specification. This is my interpretation of the
   current (majority) opinion of the portion of the XSL-WG that
   is working on formatting objects. It may not reflect the opinions
   of all members of the XSL-WG or even of all members of the portion
   of the WG that is working on the formatting objects. It is subject
   to change.
Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
  Stephen Deach                       |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)               |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                  |  Mail Stop W15-424
  sdeach@xxxxxxxxx (no advertizing)   |  345 Park Ave
  xsl-editors@xxxxxx (no advertizing) |  San Jose, CA 95110-2704