RE: XSLT vs Omnimark

Subject: RE: XSLT vs Omnimark
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:20:59 +1100
At 05:41 7/03/2000, Didier PH Martin wrote:

Didier replies:
Exactly. If you can implement an XSLT engine that is very fast, can handle a
lot of transaction per second on the server side, which is compliant to the
latest recommendations and which also allows the usage of JavaScript
(EcmaScript) function to produce a) text result, b) node list. You clearly
have a winner - and me as your first custommer.

Yes, but how do you get around the fundamental requirement for a lot of RAM?

I don't see how we can ever expect to parse a 150meg
document using XSLT ...

But for all the small, everyday documents, I absolutely
agree with you.

------------------------- James Robertson Step Two Designs Pty Ltd SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy Illumination: an out-of-the-box Intranet solution

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx