RE: references, books?

Subject: RE: references, books?
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:34:30 -0000
 Michel Goossens wrote:
>> Any opinions on the supposedly always up-to-date "Practical
>> Transformation using XSLT and X-Path?"
>> http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/
>At present I think that Ken Holman's tutorial is the only "book" that
>treats XSL/Xpath in great detail. I have bought the tutorial
>over a year
>ago, and I am extremely happy with it. Moreover, you get free
>updates as
>Ken improves his text based on feedback he gets when teaching XSL and
>friends to student audiences worldwide. I think this tutorial
>is really a
>good example of the advantages of publishing books electronically: they
>are easy to keep up-to-date. Moreover, buyers can give feedback and are
>informed when a new version becomes available. Finally, I think Ken is
>working on a more "book-like" version of his tutorial, which will make
>the presentation of the information even more attractive. So,
>as far as me
>is concerned, I would consider the money well spend.

fully support that view. Money well spent, unless you can get it
all from the rec itself, I certainly can't.

I'd particularly note the advantages that Michael notes above.
I have two or three books that have become dated before the new
look has worn off.
Ken has kept up with the developments particularly well.

Regards, DaveP