Fwd: Re: Selecting a certain amount of characters with XSL

Subject: Fwd: Re: Selecting a certain amount of characters with XSL
From: Regine Vergon <regine_vergon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 04:43:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

What do you mean ?
I don't understand my mail.

May be my question was not clear enough. Let my try to explain it another time.
What i meant was:

my new variable called "x" contains now:

some text with some tags like <br/>
this one to go to next line.
<b> to have bold text</b>
another bla bla bla

If i do
  <xsl:copy-of select="$x"/>

it's ok i get the text and the tags are evaluated. I mean i get a new line

If i do:
   <xsl:copy-of select="substring($x,1,1000)"/>

I get the same text but tags are not evaluated. No bold no breaking lines...

So i wanted to know if it was possible to get only 1000 characters from this
variable x and have the tags evaluated: i.e bold where expected and breaking
line.

Thanks

Regine